Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 28, 2011

WIKITREE.COM..And A Possible Lead On My Dad


so, because im starting back up into family history and family tree geneaology stuff, i looked online for all the free sites (very few out there anymore) that i could go to, and either put my family tree (as i know it) or add to it (if i already have an account there).

while i was looking, i found a NEW site...WIKITREE.com

and its kind of like a WIKIPEDIA site for your family tree. and ALLOT like the WIKIFAMILYTREE idea i had myself.

anyway, its completely free and i opened an account, and added my family as much as i can remember:

me, my mom (GAY JOANNE SUITER MANNING)
my dad (ROBERT ALAN MANNING)

my grandparents (mothers) (GERTRUDE LOUISA SUITER/WILBUR RAYMOND SUITER)
my aunt (LYNN GOMORA/DAHL)
my uncles (LEE SUITER/MICHEAL SUITER)
and as many extra relatives off of these individuals as i can place with names and dates.

and, of course i hope that someone would want to lend me some info about my dad.
ive never had a hit on him, on any other website. i never in a million years ever expected to have a hit on this one either.

but tonight. i did!
i came home from picking up my son from a weekend camping trip, and looked in my email to find a COLBY MANNING had left me a message on WIKITREE.com

"Looking for information on my grandfather,

MANNING, ROBERT ALAN (birth)23 Jan 1931 (Death)21 Jun 2008 (P) 77 96720 (Hilo, Hawaii, HI)

Wondering if this might be the same one.

Thanks

Colby"

now, whats really weird, is a few days ago i sent an email off to an individual who has an email address on the LDS site FAMILYSEARCH.ORG about this same individual. waiting a reply back.
and THIS kid comes along, asking me about the very same man im inquiring about.

and...yes theres more.

if you noted the birthdate...january 23 1930, i have suspected , because i saw a calandar a long time ago i used to have but have since lost that had a notation IN january for the name "BOB" (my dad) Birthday. i thought it was noted on the 16th. and....hes older than my mother, i never knew HOW MUCH...but my mom was born in 35, so anytime before that would make him older. EVEN 1930.

the records on FAMILYSEARCH.org say he wasnt married.
but aparently he had children, because this individual who is inquiring says hes his grandson.

could this be my half nephew?
could be.
ive asked him to share with me ANY info he has about his grandfather...so we can trade info and see if theres some kind of connection.

maybe, MAYBE...ive finally found my missing link.

out of ALL the family histories for the MANNING clan, the ONLY name i can find for anywhere within the 1930s is this man ROBERT ALLEN/ALAN MANNING who passed away in 2008 in HILO HAWAII.

if this is the link, i can finally start this side of my tree.
heres to hoping!

MICHELLE

No comments: