Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

IS IT POSSIBLE?

so in my last post i was saying that i know someone at church whos mother may have found info on my father.
i didnt get my hopes up, and im still not.

tonight i was at church, so was this individual, whom i asked about this info.
she said her mother was almost positive she had found my dad, but needed some of MY family history to make sure. not sure why. but, ok. i gave what i could remember off the top of my head to her. numbers, dates, locations, i cant remember, i do good to remember 3 gernerations back on my grandmothers side the names of these people..lol

i asked if this indivdual she thought was my dad was alive, or dead. and the answer came back: dead.

im greatful for that because it means i dont have to wonder. i can move past it and go from there.
at the same time. im diapointed i never got to know the man, or ask that one question : "why didnt you love me enough to stay around?"
i have to say, im pleased i dont have to go through the emotional stuff with the latter. i dont know if id handle it too well.

heck, who knows. this ndividual might not even be my father to begin with.
but...what if it is.

ya know? i have never really thought much about looking past him, i mean ive thought about the names of his mother and father, and putting this data into a space to be held, so its recorded, but i have never thought much about who they are. what they were like.
His mother would have been born around the same time as my grandmother.
1900s
i wonder what she was like.
if she was kind like my moms mother (my grandmother) was.
or was she more like my mother.
i may never know. that family line may never go any further than my fathers name.

i guess, we shall see.

MICHELLE

No comments: