Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

OUT OF THE BLUE EMAIL!!...the start of recording a family tree?

yesterday i got an email, that quite frankly, shocked me to some degree.

i originally thought it was a hoax, a spoof, a SPAM actually from some nigerian in africa

the email read:

SUBJECT: GERTRUDE LOUISA ELDRED (thats my grandmother)

Dear Michelle Alane Manning (my maiden name even!)
i believe i am related to you. i have done some research on the ELDREDS (my grandmothers fathers line). i believe your grandmother , GERTRUDE LOUISA ELDRED, descendent of LEONARD PETER ELDERED (her father), RICHARD T. ELDRED, etc. who are in my family tree.

i am a descended through RICHARD T. ELDREDS eldest son, OSCAR H. ELDRED.

i would be happy to share what i have with you for free.

RAY
(dr. raymond c. coop, ph.d
chaplain (retired) united states army
adjunct professor beacon university
"for God and country"

i was dumbfounded! i was in shock! i was sitting here, with my mouth wide open in dis-belief.

first, to have out of the blue an email concerning family history, second that came to me. i would have figured someone would have looked for my uncle or my aunt first. but i guess he went to the oldest childs child of my grandmother and was trying to work his way down till he found a source that would reply.

i now have MORE family...i hadnt even given it alot of thought to think that my grandmothers father had any kin anywhere.
now, i know.

i sent a reply forward to my aunt and uncle so they could see it for themselves and perhaps email mr Koop if they wanted to share any information they may know better than i myself may know.

all of this before my 40th birthday...

my grandmother was VERY keen on geneology, and i have no doubt she had something to do with this in the after-life somehow. it would be just like her to have done so.

heres the tree (his and mine combined):

MICHELLE ALANE (manning-maiden/carmichael-divorced 2006) WILLIAMSON (me)
-GAY JOANNE (suiter-maiden) MANNING (my mother)
-married: ROBERT ALAN MANING (divorced 1969?) (my father)
--GERTRUDE LOUISA (eldred-maiden name) SUITER (my grandmother)
--married: WILBUR RAYMOND SUITER My grandfather)
---PETER LEONARD ELDRED (my grandmothers father)
---married: i cant remember her fisrt name CONCHEN (my grandmothers mother)
----somehow related to: RICHARD T. ELDRED
-----OSCAR H. ELDRED (RICHARD T. ELDREDS oldest son)
------enter: RAYMOND C. KOOP (the author of the email)


so, now i have reason to really do my family geneology.

MICHELLE

No comments: